Peace

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Zucchini Bread in a Jar

Hi Folks!
This was posted on 'Frugal Living'  web-ring that I belong to.  I haven't tried it yet so I can vouch for it but it sounded good enough to share!  I think I might make these (and alter recipe for nut/pumpkin etc. breads) for Thanksgiving & Christmas to share.

_____________________

Zucchini Bread in a Jar

2 cups sugar

1 cup oil

3 eggs

2/3 cup water

1 tsp. vanilla

3 1/4 cups flour

1 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 Tbsp. cinnamon

3 cups grated zucchini

1 cup chopped nuts

In large bowl cream sugar and oil with electric mixer. Add eggs and mix
well. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Place dry ingredients in a
separate large bowl and blend with a whisk. Add creamed ingredients to dry
ingredients and mix with whisk and spoon. Place 1 cup batter each into 6
well-greased 1-pint wide-mouth canning jars. Wipe batter from rim. Place
jars on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes, or until
a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Wipe rims. Place hot
sterilized seals and rings on hot jars. Keep in refrigerator for prolonged
storage.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder how these work in the freezer. How long they will keep. I suppose as long as any other baked good. I have always meant to do this.

    ReplyDelete