Peace

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Things To Do With Empty Wine Bottles

I like a glass of red wine with my dinner so I end up with empty wine bottles.  For some reason  I simply can not bare to toss them all into the recycle bin (I use to lament over my idiosyncratic ways but now I just roll with them) anyways... since I couldn't have bottles with out jobs hanging out all over the house I had to appoint them jobs.

Refill with home made Baileys Irish cream (makes for a tasty Christmas Gift):

1 cup heavy cream
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 2/3 cups Irish whiskey
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract

Directions:
1.    In a blender, combine heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, Irish whiskey, instant coffee, chocolate syrup, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Blend on high for 20 to 30 seconds. Store in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator. Shake well before serving.



Fill with Flavored Vinegar:
Uga Flavored Vinegars


 

Ziploc Bag Dryer





Wine light bottle
Lamp : 
Instructions for Lamp





5 comments:

  1. I can't click the lamp instructions link =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it!!! Thanks for letting me know about the broken link!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I substitute vodka and chocolate for the whiskey and coffee? I have no vodka, no whiskey, no chocolate, and no whiskey in my house, but this sure looks delicious! Plus, I have never had Bailey's Irish Cream. Rats, tornado siren went off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A local woman who couldn't bear to throw away her bottles started a business called "The Glass Station" and became something of an expert on bottles--and their tops. I'm sure she never turned a penny, but she seemed to have a good time encouraging a Green lifestyle. Alice Soderwall was her name, and she died about 15 years ago or more.

    ReplyDelete