Peace

Saturday, April 9, 2011

An Easy Frugal Cake Batter from Scratch

This cake is very moist and very good. It's so much better than a boxed cake mix plus a whole lot cheaper.  Also, I like knowing what's in my food.  Ever read the ingredients on a box of cake mix? 

I found this recipe on one of the 'Frugal Living' web rings I belong to.  So far I've only used this recipe for this Pineapple Upside Down Cake.  I used my square baking dish because I don't have any cake pans.  Can you guess what I've trolling the Thrift & Goodwill stores for lately?

Its called a:  Dinette Cake.
You can vary your flavors by varying your flavorings.

1 and 1/2 cup of flour
1 cup of sugar
2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup of oil
2/3 cup of milk
1 tsp of flavoring
1 egg.

Heat oven to 350

Then mix your dry ingredients together add oil milk and flavoring and mix finally add egg at the end and mix then bake for 30-35 minutes.



You can use this batter to make Pineapple upside down cake:

3T butter
1/4 cup of brown sugar
pineapple slices

melt butter in bottom of the pan
sprinkle the brown sugar evenly over the melted butter
arrange the pineapple slices
then cover with the cake batter 
bake for  approx. 40 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm, yummy, just send me a piece of the pineapple upside down cake.Practical Parsimony

    ReplyDelete