Peace

Friday, April 22, 2011

Video: Another Meat Free Dish ~ Eggplant Chickpea Curry with Coconut Infused Rice

An easy meat free recipe that's healthy, filling and Frugal (*Frugal*  my very favorite word). I love this dish with the Naan bread.  It's pretty darn close to the recipe I've been using for years so I thought I'd share with you.   Once you've bought your spices (I buy bulk, it's cheaper) this is a very inexpensive dish. If you buy your rice (brown is nutritious) in balk it a real meal stretcher.  I've on occasion tossed  spinach (fresh or frozen) in this dish when there's no eggplant available. There are more options when my veggie garden is producing. Personally I like my sauce thinner to soak into my rice and to dip my Naan bread into so I add more water to get that good 'dipping' consistency. As far as I'm concerned, no recipe is etched in stone... Tweak away my friend, tweak away!





Let me know what you think.

¸¸.•*¨*••*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*❤*¨*•.¸¸❤¸¸.•*¨*••*¨*•.¸¸

No comments:

Post a Comment