Peace

Friday, April 8, 2011

Homemade Bead Crumbs

I had four homemade Italian sandwich rolls that were about 5 days old that I wanted to make bread crumbs with.

I broke them up and tossed them in my blender (a few at a time) ran the blender  on the highest setting until I got the textur that I wanted ( if you have a food processor you could throw them in all at once).

I put the still moist bred crumbs in my largest Cast Iron Skillet and put it in the oven ast 350 degrees
I stirred the bread crumbs every 10-15 minutes for about an hour or  until the bread crumbs look dry & toasted.  I then turned off the oven and allow the skillet cool down enough to handle 

Put them in a labeled/dated container or ziploc freezer bag.

you can season them if you like. I like mine plain.

Why pay for bread crumbs when you can make your own with stale bread

Cheap is good !

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to convince my daughter, user of bread crumbs, to do this.

    ReplyDelete