Peace

Friday, April 1, 2011

Homemade Bread/Rolls

I love, love, love homemade bread but I hate, hate, hate, to knead the dough (it hurts my hands & wrists).
One day last year I was out with my sister-in-law (window shopping) and we happened to mosey on  into Macy's and I seen this bread machine.  It was marked down to $34.99 from $69.99 so I thought to myself: "Hummmmm, Mother's day is just around the corner, I think I will buy this for me for my Mother's Day gift from my youngest son ( I manage his money for him). So that's what I did. When I got home with it I asked him:  "Would like to see what you  bought me for Mother's Days"?
He said: "How much was it"?
I said: "$34.99"
He said: "Good price".
  He wasn't much interested in what it actually was.

Anyways.....
I love that bread machine. It mixes, kneads & rises the dough for me.  I not only make bread with it I make pizza crust, sandwich rolls, garlic rolls, hoagie rolls and whatever else I can think of ...all for a small fraction of what it cost to to buy from the grocery store,  plus I know exactly what ingredients are in my bread.
Whole wheat bread at  $2.89 a loaf from grocery store versus homemade at approx .75 cents,  my machine has paid for itself many, many time over.

I use the #8 (Dough) setting. Takes1 hour 4 minuted

These are white sandwich rolls. 4 cups white flour, 1 tspn dry active yeast, 2 tspn salt, 2 tspn sugar,  3 TBspn Virgin olive oil, 1 1/3 cup warm water. ** they are in the oven baking at 350 deg right now, as soon as they finish I will post a picture.

Fresh from the oven, the whole house smells delicious!!!
Whole wheat rolls with flaxseeds, sunflower seeds and Five Grains 

No comments:

Post a Comment